- Publish a thought leaders’ strategy on how to massively scale up smarter, country-owned capacity building in developing countries.
- Change the nature of the discussion on capacity building, promoting a vision of capacity building as fundamental to successfully solving climate change.
- Inform UNFCCC negotiations regarding the Paris Committee on Capacity Building (PCCB) and the Capacity Building Initiative for Transparency (CBIT).
- Aggregate and share information on capacity building through a global network of experts and thought leaders publications.
- Begin to foster coordination between capacity building practitioners and programs.
- Encourage new initiatives in training and institutional support.
- Develop a consensus on a set of capacity building best practices and concretize this into a list of fundable projects to achieve smarter, faster climate change capacity building. Share this list with donors.
- Develop a streamlined set of organizing principles and operations for the Coalition.
- Secure funding to operate a small secretariat to support the work of the Coalition.